Work with me
I am always looking for exceptional researchers and students to work with me on topics of fairness, explainability, ethics, privacy, security, and other socio-technical aspects of robotics. My goal is to both characterize such dimensions of robotics and to develop new algorithms that take them into account. I am also interested in critical studies of robotics as a field and practice.
Some options for working with me on these topics listed below. Please reach out if interested.
- From my own funding: I will advertise such positions here and on relevant mailinglists. (No positions open currently)
- Individual postdoc fellowships (Marie Curie, Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal Society): these are extremely competitive and need to go through internal application rounds. Internal application is in July, final in September.
- For Chinese citizens: KCL-funded 1-year fellowships, for Chinese PhD holders living and working at a scientific institution in the People’s Republic of China. Applications typically in January.
PhD (current positions)
- For all students (UK and international): The CDT on Safe and Trusted AI has fully-funded studentships (tuition and stipend). Applications typically in November, February, April, June.
- For students from UK/EU/USA/Canada/Latin America/Australia: King’s ASTAR PhD Studentships are fully funded (tuition and stipend) and involve 2 periods of research, one at KCL and the other at A*STAR in Singapore. Applications typically in May.
- For students from Africa: Africa International PGR Scholarships are fully funded (tuition and stipend) and should focus on themes of conflict, peace, security, social justice, global health, or development (and their intersection with Responsible AI/Robotics). You need to be African national and permanent resident in the relevant country. Applications typically in March.
- For students from China: The King’s-China Scholarship Council PhD Scholarships are fully funded (tuition and stipend). You need to be a citizen and permanent resident of the People’s Republic of China. Applications typically in January.